Bomb Threat Procedure
When a bomb threat is received by phone:
- If the threat of explosion is immediate, evacuate all people from the premises at once.
- If the caller indicates there is some time before the bomb will go off:
- try to get as much information as possible about the location and description of the bomb and the caller.
- Listen for background noises that could provide clues to their location.
- Check your phone screen to see if a phone number of the caller is listed.
- stay on the line only as long as the caller continues to provide useful information.
- immediately evacuate the premises.
• Call TCU Police (817.257.7777) and notify of above information.
Discovery of a suspicious item:
- If you find an item you suspect is a bomb, DO NOT touch, move or disturb the item. Contact TCU Police immediately (817.257.7777). Keep persons away from the area until help arrives.